Will you help us reach our goal of
50 000 school bags pledged?
Bags pledged to children in need.
- Uzwelo Bags is a level 4 EME contributor
- You will receive 100% recognition for every Rand spent with Uzwelo and enjoy the enhanced benefit of the EME spend
- Click here for our EME affidavit
Socio Economic Development
- Your spend with Uzwelo on any bags that you pledge, will be recognised at 100% of your donation under the B-BBEE requirements for contributions for Socio Economic Development.
- The target for the full 5 points under this element is 1% of your Net Profit (after TAX) however, any contributions made will count towards this target.
- Uzwelo have partnered with Save the Children however, you may have your own designated beneficiary.
- Uzwelo will ensure that you have all the documentation needed to support your contribution to satisfy the B-BBEE verification requirements.
- This includes an invoice and proof of payment to Uzwelo, the delivery note to the school and a letter of thanks together with proof of the percentage of Black South African beneficiaries as per the definition in the B-BBEE Codes of Good Practice. Click here for an example
- Some examples of schools that we can work with are schools in the Zululand Rhino Reserve: Manyoni Primary School which has 513 pupils (100% black) and Obani Primary School which has 424 pupils (100% black)
While we partner with like-minded corporates to work on a number of different products from corporate gifting to custom made products, our core focus remains partnering with corporates and offering them a solution to their corporate spend initiative through the donation of the Uzwelo school bag – aptly termed “The Bag of Hope”. From there an underprivileged school of their choice is identified and the required number of school backpacks are donated.
How We're Changing South Africa
Expand a Sign decided to use their waste fabric off-cuts to create unique, functional and stylish products that would minimise the impact we were having on the environment, and use our creativity to look after our planet...
Each one of our products is hand-made by local women in Kwa-Zulu Natal who have gone through skills development programs that empower them to earn a living, put food on the table, fund education and provide dignity and upliftment for their communities long-term.
The Bateleurs is an NPO organisation of volunteer pilots who fly their aeroplanes behind the scenes, providing an aerial view of the South African environment for various conservation and development needs. Uzwelo is proud to donate a portion of it's proceeds from sales to this amazing organisation and their cause.
We're constantly looking for ways to make a difference. Our latest product innovation is to partner with ECO conscious surfers and provide awesome recycled surf bags that compliment the newest innovations in surfboard manufacturing. Historically, surfboards have been made from materials that are totally non biodegradable like fibreglass and foam. Thankfully, the global surfing fraternity is waking up to this and some surf boards are now being made out of natural fibers and resins. Watch this space!