HANDMADE RECYCLED FELT BAGS
There are approximately 15 recycled bottles per m2 of P.E.T (Plastic Extruded Textile) felt.
Features & Benefits:
- Reduces withdrawal of non-renewable resources such as oil / fossil fuels, by using recycled content (rPET = recycled PET bottles).
- Saves carbon emissions, water and energy and has a significantly less environmental impact than virgin fibre.
- Propet applies international standards and best practice in their operations. Ensuring quality, environmental, social compliance and responsibility.
- The entire process from raw material (PET bottles) to fabric is 100% local, ensuring support of the South African economy, the local textile industry, the circular economy and recycling economy.
- PET bottles are collected by informal waste collectors, as well as formal recycling businesses across the country.
- The PET bottles are taken to Extrupet, who wash and chop the bottles into chips or flakes.
- These chips are used in food grade application to make new bottles made out of rPET (recycled PET bottles) or are sent to Propet.
- Propet converts the chips into small pellets, which are extruded through their machines to produce fibre.
- This fibre is used in the manufacture of the nonwoven felt, as well as many other fibres such as duvet and pillow inners, and even knitted into t-shirt fabric.
GET YOUR VERY OWN P.E.T FELT TOTE BAG HERE
P.E.T Felt HandbagR325.00 inc VAT Add to basket
P.E.T Felt Tablet Bag 15″R135.00 inc VAT Add to basket
P.E.T Felt Laptop BackpackR500.00 inc VAT Add to basket
P.E.T Felt Laptop BriefcaseR335.00 inc VAT Add to basket
P.E.T Felt Tote Bag “Double Leather Strap”R550.00 inc VAT Add to basket
P.E.T Felt Tote Bag “Single Leather Strap”R350.00 inc VAT Add to basket
P.E.T Felt Tote Bag “Webbing Handles”R100.00 inc VAT Add to basket